Thursday, June 24, 2010

Water of Leith

She wants to encounter genius;
just a tiny bit of genius.
And you say no one’s perfect;
and she knows it; but she wants
a wee bit less imperfection.

And you keep on babbling imperfection,
while she dreams of butterflies.
And then the two of you stare at ducks;
and walk home by the Water of Leith.

And she wonders
if they are really ducks or some other obvious bird,
she has never heard of.
You wonder too.

8 comments:

kha said...

remember the post card you had ages ago of an airy-fairy girl with a huge curly haired head smiling at a butterfly on her nose?
ps: "wee" no more needs to be said!!!

ماه مِی said...

He he he! The ps brings the Teacher out of Kha! or the typo catcher Kha! However I disagree. How come you are allowed to say "a little bit of ..." but not "a wee bit of..."? Huh?

If you say right, answer me miss Kha! (اگه راست می گی جواب بده خا خانم)

ماه مِی said...

By the way! This poem sounds very poetic but I think it is too personal. I don't get it.

kha said...

Mohsen jan, you asked for it! you wanted the teacher, here she comes, full on! read the question carefully before answering!!! "wee" is highlighted because it refers to the fact that chippo is so prone to be the victim of "tahajome farhangi" She came back from india with a shaky head and a proper indian accent and now she is picking up a "wee" bit of scottish accent.
moral of the story: don't get me started!

ماه مِی said...

Tehehe! You win sister! I surrender. Thank god! I was born so early and poor Iranian. Had I been your student, I would have failed over and over. :D

PS: I loved the shaky head part.

mozabzab said...

تظاهر کننده گان متفرق شین وگرنه با گاز اشک آور با شما برخورد می‌شه

آیدین said...

ترول تروخدا اینو واسه من ترجمه کن ببینم چی میگی

خا جان شما این کار رو بکن لطفا

اگر هم نشد محی الدین عزیز شما زحمتش رو بکش

mozabzab said...

ترجمه رو ول کن. بیا اینجا می‌خوام برات شام استر فرای درست کنم. پارسال سال عدس پلو بود، امسال سال استر فرای